Strategy and planning is at the heart of Blue Wheel’s integrated approach to experiential marketing and we are looking for a Director, Strategy + Planning. This person will play a key part in the leadership and growth of current client relationships as well as new business efforts.
- Knowledge of strategic marketing principles and high proficiency applying them across industries and audiences specifically consumer facing brands, consumer product goods (CPG) companies, e-commerce brands and more.
- Note: Beauty, skincare and cosmetic brand experience is a plus
- 5+ years agency and/or client side in a related role with preferred experience in experiential marketing and integrated advertising
- Proven client management/interaction skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in digital, social and mobile technologies, strategies and tactics
You love to lead a team as much as you love to dive in and solve problems independently. You live to inspire your colleagues and clients to greater heights of thinking and creativity. Your favorite moment of the day is when that “key insight” light bulb goes on. You understand the value of a well-turned phrase and a well-told story. You are as comfortable in front of a room of 12 as you are on a call with 1. You are a highly intelligent individual capable of developing and driving forward new opportunities for the client and the company, with the ability to sell these ideas at the highest levels within client organizations. You possess a strong ability to understand the client’s business and anticipate their future needs. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain strong trusted relationships with creative, account and client teams for ongoing client retention and advancement.
- Partner with implementation teams to drive success and growth for both client accounts and new business opportunities.
- Work successfully with various team leads, project managers and creative team to deliver strategy-led creative solutions.
- Implement and lead strategy and planning best practices on assigned client and new business accounts, including research, planning, account planning, strategy, and analytics.
- Be a champion of the Blue Wheel strategy process, ensuring that it is consistently integrated into the development of experiential marketing solutions.
- Clearly articulate the process to internal and external audiences.
- Apply the process and overall strategy and planning best practices to client and new business opportunities.
- Package objectives, target audiences, key insights, program requirements and success measures into a concise brief that will be used to inform and inspire the creative process.
- Lead productive ideation sessions, including writing briefs, leading brainstorming and participating in concepting sessions.
- Review, analyze and offer recommendations to clients regarding their portfolio of events that will optimally align with their annual event marketing plans and business objectives.
- Design holistic, audience-centric strategies incorporating physical, digital, social and mobile channels where appropriate for generating powerful 360º experiences.
- Proactively explore new experience strategies, technology enabled engagements and industry best practices to better counsel clients and internal teams along with strengthening new strategic recommendations.
- Lead/conduct research and planning activities related to developing experience marketing solutions. This might include workshops, stakeholder interviews, primary and secondary research, program auditing, etc.
- Continually consult with Blue Wheel Strategy + Planning peers across all the offices to leverage best practices and advice while providing the same support in return.
- Develop and implement measurement and analytics frameworks that incorporate key metrics and KPIs for experiences that combine live, mobile, social and digital components.
- Approximate travel is 10%.
This position requires extensive storytelling, presentation development, and presenting to clients and prospective clients.
ABOUT BLUE WHEEL MEDIA
Blue Wheel Media is an integrated digital marketing agency comprised of strategists, creative, producers and technologists who share a passion for creating progressive branding and digital marketing ideas and solutions. We bring these solutions, not services, to life for our brands and partnered businesses to impact their bottom line.